Become a FAN of The Georgia Etsy Street Team on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GA-Etsy-Team/277725875834?v=photos&ref=ts#/pages/GA-Etsy-Team/277725875834?ref=ts

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Jules

Like many people who embark on a another year, I too have "new year's resolutions." Yes, I have the ongoing resolution to lose some more weight, as my mother is always quick to remind me that one really should not carry 154 lbs on a 5 ft. body frame, especially since I haven't even had kids yet....There's the usual promise to eat better, etc. etc.

This year though aside from having those typical goals I decided that I would focus on goals that A. were realistic, B. attainable, and C. goals I REALLY wanted to work towards

So with that being said, I have decided to focus on my creativity. I want to make time to be more creative, spend extra money on stuff to build up my creative supplies, identify and plan out some cool new projects, and truly devote myself to strengthening my techniques, skills and actually COMPLETING every project I take on. WHOA...I got a lot of work ahead of me. LOL.

I have so many ideas and often just don't get around to doing them. I am creating a new "idea book" and plotting ways that I can promote, sell and get rich doing the stuff that I love. (I know, I know, aren't we all...)

But seriously, I find it hard to believe that God, or the universe would grant me all these creative ideas and energy if I wasn't supposed to do something wonderful with it. In many ways it seems like I have this gift that I am taking for granted, especially if I don't nurture and develop it.

So this year I am going to try to get into more art festivals, network with more of my creative GA Etsy Street Team members, try to get my stuff into a few shops, maybe learn how to work with metal, and offer more "Family Jules" creations in my shop that aren't jewelry.

Well folks, that's all I've got to say this morning. I hope to make some progress, have new things to report out on throughout the weeks, and expect a swift kick in the ass if I get too complacent and lazy! Advance thanks to my friends, family and other creative muses out there...

Love, Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment