Become a FAN of The Georgia Etsy Street Team on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GA-Etsy-Team/277725875834?v=photos&ref=ts#/pages/GA-Etsy-Team/277725875834?ref=ts

Monday, August 17, 2009

Learning To Blog

So this is my first blog. I am finally jumping on the blogging bandwagon I suppose. All the cool kids are doing it, right? (LOL)

I'm not even sure that I have anything important, relevant or interesting to say. But let's be honest, there are a million people who blog about nothing in particular, who blog about the stupidest things. With that being said, here goes my first blogging attempt. Wish me luck, I need it!

So I started my morning driving across town. While this will not sound remotely interesting to anyone, it is a huge accomplishment for me. You see, I am 31 years old and have put off driving (I'm cringing as I type this) for as long as humanly possible.

I can parasail 1,000 feet in the air over the ocean, bungee jump from tall structures, ride the scariest of rollercoasters, hell jump from a plane- but driving freaks me the hell out! I have terrible anxiety about it. So there...I have started my first blog with a confession. That's got to count for something, right?

Much to my chagrin, I did rather well I must say. Okay so it was 5 in the morning and there was little traffic out on the road, but everyones got to start somewhere! I dropped off my girlfriend at work, and headed to Panera for some breakfast, and a much needed cup of coffee.

It is nice and quiet in here. The city is not quite awake, and the smell of fresh baked breads fill the room. Ahhh...I found a nice little spot and planted myself next to a window. It looks like rain is on the way which in a strange way makes me smile. Most people hate the rain, but I love it. I find it inspires me.

Hazelnut coffee- check, iPod- check, free wi-fi- check, it's going to be a good day!

I think I will spend my time this morning working on my blog, doing some business planning and coming up with my next creative endeavor. Aside from being a jewelry designer, I own a personal organizing & errand service business, 4 Chicks & A List. That is my full time profession, and while it keeps me busy most days, I love the days when I can be creative just for me! I love being alone with my beads, tools, and miscellaneous items that I draw inspiration from.

Today, I think I will draw my inspiration from the Fall. I know, I know, it's not here just yet, but I am already chompin' at the bit as they say. It was a tad chilly this morning, so that is why the Fall is on my mind. I look forward to Fall all year round, literally. It is my favorite season. It brings cool weather, warm sweaters, boots, scarves and other fabulous accessories.

It is my best time of the year too! What I mean to say is that I feel at my "truest" during the Fall. My mood is great, my creative energy is at its' highest, and I feel both intune with my spirituality and with mother nature. Fall = Happy Jules. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog. You already sound like a pro! I live in Atlanta also and can relate to being fearful of driving. I'm also living with the daily trama of teaching my 16 year old to drive. Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blog! I am new too!...and learning all about it. all the time!

    Hey...you live in Atlanta, right? Um...I think that more than explains your hesitancy with driving ;o) I know that I would not be "jumping for joy" to have to drive through some of the Atlanta traffic...I had to do that when my hubby just was released from the hospital in Atlanta from open heart surgery...actually, he was more stressed out with me behind the wheel haha

    Anyways... all the best on your blogging adventure :o)

    Blessings & aloha!

    If you get a chance to stop by mine, please let me know by leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all my great GA Etsy Street Team members for reading my first blog! You all are always so supportive. Glad to know that I am part of such a cool group of artisans!

    ReplyDelete